Protect yourself from Coronavirus
Following these simple steps can keep you and your family healthy during this time.
1. Wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
2. Do not touch your face (eyes, nose, mouth) without washing your hands prior.
3. Cover you nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Try to use a tissue or the bend of your arm instead of your hands. Wash your hands after.
5. Dispose of tissues promptly and properly in the trash.
6. Avoid public as much as possible, when you must try to stand at least 3-6 feet from others.
7. If you are over the age of 60 or have pre-existing health conditions such as heart disease or lung disease stay at home as much as possible.
8. If you are immunocompromised (taking chemo drugs, have severe autoimmune disease, or take other medications that lower your immune system such as steroids), stay home as much as possible.
9. Avoid large crowds, eating out, going shopping, and all non-essential activities and travel.
10. If you or a family member experience flu like symptoms, call your healthcare provider for instructions and stay home.
11. If you must go to a medical appointment, call ahead and inform the office of your symptoms.
12. Have at least a two week supply of food and essentials on hand at home. Please do not hoard items as others may need supplies as well.
While most who come into contact with the Coronavirus (COVID19) will have mild symptoms and fully recover, they may spread the virus to those who are at high risk of severe disease and even death.
It is important we take this seriously and protect ourselves and others. This is an unprecedented event in history. Our actions will determine the severity of the outcome.
And lastly, please pray for not only our country, but the world during this time.
For more information, please see the link below to the Knox County Health Department. There is a hotline number on the page as well.